Sally previously held many speaking engagements. She now prefers being behind the scenes, whether it’s ghost-tweeting for a CEO or doing public speaking training with executives.
Some highlights of her past:
- In January 2011, Sally spoke on a panel of “Pacific Northwest Top Bloggers,” along with coco+kelley founder Cassandra LaValle and two others. Packed event sponsored by Epio Solutions, at Hotel 1000.
- In Oct. 2010, Sally spoke on stage and was called “vivacious” by organizers at Urban Unveiled, a wedding show at Benaroya Hall, in front of 600 attendees.
- On July 19, 2010, Sally was featured on Western Washington talk show “New Day Northwest” talking about what to wear to a wedding.
- On July 7, 2010, Sally was featured on Q13 FOX News This Morning on three different live segments with Molly Mesnick of “The Bachelor.”
- In June 2010, Sally hosted the “Oscars” of the Seattle bridal industry, with 275 attendees at Georgetown Ballroom. Speaking about Sally and the changes she made to the magazine, the publishing company editorial director says Sally’s first issue of Seattle Bride makes it much more “lively and dynamic” than ever before.
- In May 2010, Sally organized and hosted a “behind the scenes” look at Seattle Bride’s fashion shoot.
- In April 2010, Sally spoke about bridal trends on the Nearlywed Radio Show, KKNW 1150 AM.
- In March 2010, Sally was one of three judges at the Panache tabletop competition, along with famed interior designer Kelley Moore.
- In January 2010, Sally spoke on stage five times in front of 9,000 brides at the Seattle Wedding Show.
- In 2009, Sally led a very highly-attended workshop called “How to break into national magazines” at the Society of Professional Journalists conference.
- In July 2008, Sally organized and moderated a panel of top journalists at the UNITY convention in Chicago, a gathering of 10,000 journalists in television, online and print media. Click here for the panel handout.
- Sally was quoted in National Geographic Traveler’s“Places of a Lifetime”.
- Sally was featured on the “Contributors” page in the August 2008 issue of Latina
- On April 24, 2007, Sally was the travel expert on Budget Travel’s Web site, talking about Pacific Northwest travel in a live chat. She is also featured in the print magazine’s May issue.
- On May 20, 2006, Sally was at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (one of the city’s daily newspapers) volunteering at a resume-critiquing event for college students who want to work in print journalism.
“Awesome job today! You gave such detailed and good answers. I think some of the best answers I’ve seen from a trip coach guest in a while. The thought you put into it really showed. Thanks so much again for participating.” – Ruthie Kaposi, Budget Travel Online Producer
- Sally was featured in the Contributors section of Her Sports + Fitness’ February 2007 issue and Seattle Metropolitan’s June 2006 edition.
- University of Washington, spring 2005. Career panel with Seattle Supersonics Valerie ONeil and others.
- South Asian Journalists Convention at Columbia University, June 2004. Breaking into Journalism panel with Gitika Ahuja, ABC News producer in Boston; Sabrina Clay, producer of The Today Show; Ernabel Demilo, anchor at Fox 5 in New York; Eric Wee, former staff writer at The Washington Post and Milanee Shah, reporter at Bloomberg TV.
- Ziryab reading, featured in Time Out New York, March 4, 2004. Focused on Sally’s essays.
- Featured alumnus, UW Communications newsletter. Front-page feature article, fall 2005.
- Featured Scholar, Freedom Forum newsletter, August 2001.
- Guest Columnist, Robert C. Maynard Institute for Journalism Education, Oct. 2001